Junior Account Manager Consumer Products
We are DO IT ORGANIC, a successful, international and fast-growing Dutch company active in the market for 100% organic food ingredients. We serve the European and international food industry with ingredients of highest organic quality, which we source to the Netherlands and distribute from our warehouse in Barneveld. DO IT Organic was one of the first Dutch distribution companies to solely focus on organic food in the early 90s and have since grown from being a pioneer to one of Europe’s largest within our domain.
For our new office in Copenhagen we are immediately looking for a Junior Account Manager for Scandinavia (Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland) with affinity with the (organic) food sector. Do you have a background in sales, customer support or related areas in commercial management and are you looking to kick-start a career in organic plant-based food? Then this is a job for you.
Our role and position at the middle of the food sector, between producers and the food industry, is critical to the everyday efforts of driving forward the plant-based and organic food agenda. Together with thousands of farmers and many producers we, collectively, accelerate the development of organic farming by bringing trusted food ingredients and consumer products to our customers in a reliable way. An effort which is vital to providing healthier food choices, reducing the dependency on animal driven agriculture and intensive conventional farming practices. By serving as a one-stop-shop for the international food industry, we make organic food more available, affordable and accessible. Our organic commitment is 100% to people and planet.
About the position
As a Junior Account Manager, you report to the Manager Consumer Products. In this position you are responsible for achieving the set sales and profit targets for our consumer brands (and Private Label) of DO IT ORGANIC. This applies to both retail and in particular the health food channel. In addition, you are expected to proactively approach new customers within the same channels. The following tasks and duties are:
- Responsible for the sales of the entire and new to be developed product portfolio
- Responsible for creating account plans, tracking distribution and optimization of assortment
- Collecting market information, following trends and actively collecting customer information about local developments and needs in the market and with consumers
- Making an active contribution to identifying market potential
- Responsible for determining the strategy per customer
- Responsible for staying within budget with regard to all investments you make to determine the growth strategy with the customer
- Analysis and reporting of sales, revenue and margin
- Visiting manufacturers and customers; maintaining relationships
- Visiting and manning relevant trade fairs
- Achieve sales and margin targets
Who are we looking for?
We would like to meet a soon-to-finish graduate, newly graduate or young professional who wants to kick-start their career in the organic food sector with a passion, motivation and ability to drive forward the natural and plant-based food agenda in Scandinavia and Germany together with our key partners and customers.
In addition, you bring with you:
- A soon-to-be/completed commercial education at master’s degree;
- An understanding of the dynamics of the food industry and the ability to link customer-focused advice to a commercial goal;
- Team spirit and humor, as well as friendliness and curiosity;
- A business mindset and a determination to create results, customer experience and persuasiveness;
- Good individual and team communication skills in any Scandinavian language and English.
What can you expect from us?
We offer a challenging job within a purpose driven international organization, with a pleasant informal working atmosphere and nice colleagues. In addition, we offer full-time employment with competitive salary, 5 weeks off per year, a pension scheme and holiday pay. You will receive training in the Netherlands and by your supervisor in all technical fields related to our way of working. Our business structure is characterized by short lines of communication, allowing us to respond quickly to new developments. You will be working in a dynamic company that is growing rapidly, giving you opportunities for further development. In addition, you are encouraged to actively participate in the development of our company.
Interest or more information?
Are you 100% involved to improve? Send your CV and motivation letter to our HR department (the Netherlands) and Erika Vermijs (Manager Consumer Products) via firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
For additional information, please contact Erika Vermijs, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Acquisition not appreciated